2012 Garmin Grand Giveaway Rules and Regulations
If the winner of a specified Garmin-sponsored fishing tournament wins the tournament fishing from a boat equipped with mounted Garmin marine electronics, Garmin will award that winner the Garmin Grand Giveaway of $1,000. The Garmin Grand Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Each of the following 2012 fishing tournaments sponsored by Garmin International, Inc. (“Garmin”) is eligible for the Garmin Grand Giveaway:
Bermuda Billfish Release Cup
Bermuda Billfish Blast
Bermuda Big Game Classic
Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament
Mid Atlantic $500,000
White Marlin Open
Pirates Cove Billfish Tournament
Oregon Tuna Classic (2 events)
- The winner of a Tournament must have been properly registered with the Tournament, and be finally certified by the Tournament Director as the winner of the Tournament. All decisions of the Tournament Director regarding the Tournament winner will be final and binding in all respects regarding the Garmin Grand Giveaway.
- The boat from which the winner fished to win the Tournament must have one or more Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics installed in the boat. The winner must have fished from that boat for the entire Tournament. Garmin equipment mounted on other watercraft housed on the fishing boat does not qualify for the purposes of the Garmin Grand Giveaway.
- Qualifying categories of mounted Garmin marine electronics include radar, GPS, fishfinders, VHF radios or instruments. Garmin handheld or portable electronics do not qualify for the Garmin Grand Giveaway. Garmin’s determination made in its sole discretion of what constitutes mounted marine electronics is final and binding.
- If a Garmin representative is present at the Tournament, that representative will verify the presence of the Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics. In the absence of a Garmin representative, the Tournament Director will verify the presence of the Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics. The decision of the Garmin representative or Tournament Director, as the case may be, is final and binding.
- If it is determined that the Tournament winner did win the Tournament fishing from a boat equipped with Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics, it will be the responsibility of the winner to provide Garmin with information necessary to allow the payment of the $1,000 (including but not limited to name, address, IRS Form W-9). Once the necessary paperwork has been received by Garmin, Garmin will process the payment of the Garmin Grand Giveaway in the ordinary course of business. Payment will be to the Tournament winner only. Garmin will send each such winner an IRS Form 1099-MISC in connection with such payment. All federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole responsibility of such winner. If a Tournament winner fails to timely provide information required by Garmin, the winner may be disqualified from the Garmin Grand Giveaway, and no prize will be awarded. If it is determined that the winner of the Tournament did not fish from a boat equipped with mounted fixed Garmin marine electronics, no money will be awarded in connection with that Tournament. Unawarded amounts will not roll forward to future tournaments.
- Winners must have abided by all applicable fishing and boating regulations.
- By accepting the Garmin Grand Giveaway, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between the Tournament Director and the winner of the Tournament, each winner irrevocably grants Garmin and its successors, assigns and licensees (the “Garmin Entities”) the right to use such winner's name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be taken in connection with the Tournament for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes, where permitted by law, and hereby releases the Garmin Entities and the Tournament Director and its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability with respect thereto.
- Acceptance of the Garmin Grand Giveaway constitutes winner’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Garmin, which are final and binding.
- By accepting the Garmin Grand Giveaway, each winner agrees that the Garmin Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Tournament or in any Tournament related activity, or from winner's acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use of the Garmin Grand Giveaway, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Garmin Grand Giveaway, and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Garmin Grand Giveaway will only be awarded to the verified Tournament winner. The Contest Entities are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions of information; or for miscommunications, or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the Garmin Grand Giveaway or in any Garmin Grand Giveaway notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Any attempt by a winner to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person in connection with the Garmin Grand Giveaway is in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Garmin reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
- Except where prohibited by law, each winner agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Garmin Grand Giveaway shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas; and (b) winner waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney’s fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, winner’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Garmin in connection with the Garmin Grand Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas.